The C J Koh Law Library is one of 7 NUS Libraries. The Law Library was originally established in September 1957, catering primarily to the Faculty of Law. It was then part of the former Raffles College (now NUS at Bukit Timah).
In March 1980, the Library moved to new premises at Kent Ridge, occupying two floors of the new Faculty of Law building. It was later renamed the C J Koh Law Library on 1st January 2001, in memory of the late Mr Koh Choon Joo who donated more than S$5 million towards the upgrading of the library and its collection.
On 27th February 2002, the Honourable the Chief Justice Yong Pung How presided over the library's official opening under its new name.
Following the Government's announcement to reallocate the Bukit Timah premises to NUS on 28th May 2005, the Library made its historic return to its first home in August 2006. On 11th November 2009, the C J Koh Law Library building was gazetted as a national monument.
Content updated on 14 Aug 2015
C J Koh Law Library
26 Oct - 29 Nov 2015Mon-Sat: 8.00am - 10.00pm
Sun: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Pub Hol: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Directions to LW
30 Nov - 10 Jan 2016Mon-Tues : 8.30am - 7.00pm
Wed-Fri : 8.30am - 6.00pm*
Sat : 10.00am - 5.00pm
Sun & Pub Hol : Closed**
*We are open from 8.30am to 1.00pm on Christmas Eve (Thurs, 24 Nov 2015)
**We are closed on:
Christmas day (Fri, 25 Dec 2015)
New Year's Day (Fri, 1 Jan 2016)
Directions to LW
- Technical error accessing Journal Citation Reports & Essential Science Indicators via Web of Science
- Limited access on CiNii database (4 to 7 December)
- NUS Libraries Semester 1 Opening Hours (AY2015/2016)
- Renaming of CL Reference Room to Peggy Wai Chee Leong-Hochstadt Room (PH Room)
- Past year examination papers