The C J Koh Law Library is one of 7 NUS Libraries. The Law Library was originally established in September 1957, catering primarily to the Faculty of Law. It was then part of the former Raffles College (now NUS at Bukit Timah).
In March 1980, the Library moved to new premises at Kent Ridge, occupying two floors of the new Faculty of Law building. It was later renamed the C J Koh Law Library on 1st January 2001, in memory of the late Mr Koh Choon Joo who donated more than S$5 million towards the upgrading of the library and its collection.
On 27th February 2002, the Honourable the Chief Justice Yong Pung How presided over the library's official opening under its new name.
Following the Government's announcement to reallocate the Bukit Timah premises to NUS on 28th May 2005, the Library made its historic return to its first home in August 2006. On 11th November 2009, the C J Koh Law Library building was gazetted as a national monument.
Content updated on 24 Apr 2014
C J Koh Law Library
31 Mar - 07 May 2014Mon-Sat : 8.00am - 10.00pm
Sun : 10.00am - 5.00pm
Pub Hol : 10.00am - 5.00pm*
*The Law Library is open on Labour Day (Thurs, 1 May 2014)
Directions to LW
- System Maintenance of Asahi Shimbun Kikuzo - May 6 2014
- NUS Libraries' Book Donation Drive 2014
- System Maintenance of Library Portal on 27 April 2014 (Sun)
- Renaming of CL Reference Room to Peggy Wai Chee Leong-Hochstadt Room (PH Room)
- New Library opening hours for Saturdays and Sundays during semester for AY2013/2014