Getting to Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library
|1 Hon Sui Sen Drive, Singapore 117588
For more information, call: (65)6516 3131
Fax: 6778 6301
NUS Campus Map
By Public Transport
- Take the MRT train to Clementi station (EW23).
- Take Bus Service No. 183 at Clementi Station.
- Alight at the Pasir Panjang Road, near Heng Mui Keng Terrace.
- Take a 5-minute walk by Heng Mui Keng Terrace and turn left at Kent Ridge Drive where the Library is located behind the Mochtar Riady Building.
- You may also take any one of bus services 10, 30, 51, 143, 188 or 200 on the opposite side of Haw Par Villa station (CC25) and alight at the bus stop on Pasir Panjang Road, opposite Heng Mui Keng Terrace.
Alternatively, you may also
take Bus Service No. 96 from Clementi bus interchange or No. 95 from the bus stop opposite Buona Vista MRT station. For bus 96, alight at the bus-stop opposite the Central Library. For bus 95, alight at the bus-stop in front of Central Library.
Then, take an internal shuttle bus (Service A) from the bus-stop outside Central Library. After the internal shuttle bus passes the Mochtar Riady Building and turns the corner, you will see Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library. Press the bell and you will alight at the bus stop on side of the NUS Business School’s block Biz 2.
Please note that there are covered walkways linking the Central Library and Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the Central Library to the Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library.
By Internal Shuttle
When you are already in the NUS campus, you can take the Internal Shuttle Bus Service to all the libraries in the NUS Library system. For bus schedules and routes, click here.
Shuttle bus A1 will stop at Biz 2 on the same side of the street as Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library, while bus A2 will stop on the opposite side of the road. During term time, bus D is also available and will stop at these two bus-stops.
- Take the Ayer Rajah Expressway (Tuas) and exit on Clementi Road.
- At the end of Clementi Road, turn left into Pasir Panjang Road.
- After you see the Singapore Post branch on your left, turn left into Heng Mui Keng Terrace at the traffic light.
- Go along Heng Mui Keng Terrace, you will see Mochtar Riady Building. Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library is behind the building.
See: NUS Parking
There are no really safe bicycle lanes to NUS Kent Ridge Campus. For now, the only way is to use Clementi Road flyover and enter campus via Entrance A.
There are two other marginally safer ways to get on the Kent Ridge campus:
- From Pasir Panjang Road, enter Heng Mui Keng Terrace, which leads to Kent Ridge Drive.
Enter Science Park I from Portsdown Ave (near Normanton Park).
- Exit at South Buona Vista Road, just outside the NUHS building. Note that this can be a busy junction during morning and evening peak hours.
When the new University Town is ready, there may be a safer ride from Dover Road/Commonwealth Ave via Campus Link.
Content updated on 23 Mar 2015