1. NUS academic staff and graduate students who require materials not held by NUS Libraries may request the Library to borrow them from other external libraries for reseach and teaching purposes. Requests must be made on interlibrary loan (ILL) form and submitted to Loans Desk of the respective Library.
2. Libraries in Singapore requesting an inter-library loan must produce a valid NUS Libraries interlibrary loan card at Loans Desk of the respective Library. Please use the corporate membership form to apply for inter-library loan services. Details are available at http://libportal.nus.edu.sg/web/about-nus-libraries/membership/corporate-membership.
The borrowing library in Singapore making use of courier services must observe the following:
- Call 6872-1595 in advance
- Fax the ILL forms or letters, indicating your ILL card number
- Collect the materials during Central Library opening hours. See http://www.lib.nus.edu.sg
3. The ILL card issued by NUS Libraries is strictly for ILL purpose and is NOT a membership card of NUS Libraries. It should not be handed to anyone from the borrowing institution to be used for purposes other than ILL.
4. Library materials must be returned to the Loans Desk of the respective Library from which they were borrowed.
5. The following materials cannot be borrowed:
- Current, Bound and unbound journals and newspapers
- Reference Collection
- Reserve Books/Readings (RBR)
- Singapore-Malaysia Collection materials
- Media materials
- Compact disks (except when it accompanies a book)
- Computer diskettes (except when it accompanies a book)
- C J Koh Law Library collection
6. NUS Libraries reserves the right not to loan any material from their collections.