Acquisition in NUS Libraries
Basis of Acquisition
All recommendations are assessed on the basis of
- Relevance to the teaching and research disciplines of the University
- Availability of NUS Libraries' funds
For titles that are out of print and/or not available for purchase, we will recommend alternative avenues, e.g. Inter-Library Loan (ILL) or Document Delivery Service (DDS) depending on your entitlement.
We acquire books and materials throughout the year. You may recommend titles to us in the following ways:
- Access the e-form under Services > New Materials Recommendation, which is available after login
- Email details of your recommendations to email@example.com
- Subscribe to publishers' announcements and forward details of the titles to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select titles at Books Kinokuniya Singapore Main Store. Click here to find out more
We appreciate the generosity of donors. If you have books that are relevant to the teaching and research needs of the University and would like to gift them to NUS Libraries, click here to find out more.
About Asset Acquisition
NUS Libraries has a centralised acquisitions team sourcing books and other materials for all the Libraries. We strive to minimise costs and achieve greater efficiency, which translates into a faster turnaround time. Contact Us.
Content updated on 31 Mar 2015